PEP – PEP can stop HIV. You can find more information here.
PrEP – is PrEP right for me? You can find more information on PrEP here.
Sexual Health Infoline Ontario (SHILO)
A province-wide free anonymous service staffed by professional, multidisciplinary, and multicultural counsellors who offer assistance in different languages that offers anonymous and non-judgmental counselling.
- Phone 1-800-668-2437.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. / Weekends: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Closed on statutory holidays.
Current, accurate and detailed information and support on:
- Pre-test and post-test options
- Information and referral to point of care HIV Rapid Test sites province-wide
- Safer sex activities
- Risk assessment
- Birth control options
- Emergency contraception
- Relationship concerns
- Pregnancy and options
- Sexual orientation
- Issues related to harm reduction, including injection drug use and needle exchange programs
The Hotline also offers:
- Refererrals to appropriate clinics and community agencies
- Crisis Intervention
- Assistance in problem solving and decision making
- Individualized time to address each client’s needs
- Complementary service to existing public health and community programs
The Mainline deals with issues related to harm reduction, injection drug use and needle exchange programs. Phone 1-800-686-7544.
ConnexOntario – Health Services Information for Ontarians
ConnexOntario provides free and confidential health services information for people experiencing problems with alcohol and drugs, mental illness or gambling. We are funded by the Government of Ontario.