A Taste For Life
We are hosting ‘A Virtual Taste For Life’ Fundraiser from April 22nd to May 1st, in lieu of our annual dining out event
With heavy hearts, we were forced to cancel A Taste for Life, our largest fundraising event, in light of the current health crisis. Normally, this event generates over 70% of our annual fundraising dollars, and this has been a great loss for our organization, especially given the changes happening during this unprecedented time.
A Taste for Life is about coming together to share food in support of ARCH and those living with HIV in our community. Though we are not able to dine together in person this year, we hope that you will still support us by donating online:
We appreciate all your support and thoughtfulness during this time. To show our appreciation, we will also be raffling a $500 VIA Rail travel voucher to any destination of your choice. A donation of $25 or more will enter you into the raffle, and you can gain more entries through the guidelines outlined below.
All of the funds raised will go towards our programs and services, including our COVID-19 response. Many of our clients faced challenges before this pandemic, and the reduced services at this time are significantly adding to their daily struggles. Scroll down to find out more about our COVID-19 response, or visit archguelph.ca/COVID19
How does it work?
From April 22nd to May 1st, we ask you to participate in our Virtual Taste for Life fundraiser by:
Making a donation to ARCH
In lieu of dining out, we encourage you to support us by donating what you would normally spend on a meal. You can donate online through our Canada Helps page
- A minimum donation of $25 will automatically gain you entry into our raffle.
- You will gain an another entry for every additional $10 donation.
Dining in, separately but together!
Order out or make a meal in support of Taste for Life and those living with HIV.
- Gain an additional entry into the raffle by taking a photo, posting in on social media, and tagging us using @archguelph.
- Each picture posted will gain you an additional entry – don’t forget to tag us so we can see it!
The raffle for the VIA Rail voucher will run from April 22 to May 1. We will randomly draw the winner on May 4th.
We can provide tax receipts for donations over $20 but are tremendously grateful for any and all contributions! We hope that you will also share our event within your circles to get the word out and show your support.
How will you get involved?
Support our local restaurant partners!
We want to sincerely thank our restaurant partners. We recognize the impact of the current closures on the industry, and difficulties this will cause for the wonderful people who staff, manage, and own these places. Please see the list below. If you plan on ordering food or buy a gift card in the coming weeks, please consider supporting these community-minded businesses. We also encourage you to keep them in mind when restaurants re-open!
What are we doing to respond to COVID-19?
Although we’ve had to be physically distant, the work we do keeps happening in different ways! We’ve had to adapt to meet and support our communities where they are at. We’ve done this by:
- Continuing our patients’ care and facilitating appointments with nurses and doctors online
- Checking in with our clients over the phone to alleviate anxiety & social isolation
- Providing groceries and support with access to essential services & programs to people living with HIV
- Distributing harm reduction supplies, and kits made by staff and volunteers, out of the Guelph Community Health Center
- Working on the Community Health Van with Sanguen Health Centre and other community partners
- Hosting online social spaces for our community to connect and find support
Thank you to our official sponsors!
Toque LTD, for the beautiful graphics and promotion,
VIA Rail for providing the raffle grand prize – a $500 travel voucher